Clearly Oklahoma City

Oklahoma City through my eyes

Clearly Oklahoma City header image 2

An Affair of the Heart Craft Show – Feb 8, 9, and 10

· 35 Comments

Do you love crafts?  If so, you’ll enjoy An Affair of the Heart, a huge craft show that’s only in Oklahoma!  This isn’t just a one-day little craft fair where you’ll find maybe thirty tables and a few neat items.  No, An Affair of the Heart is a huge three day event that takes up seven buildings at the OKC fairgrounds and features over 1,000 different exhibitors!

An Affair of the Heart comes around twice a year – once in February and once in October. For 2008, the dates are Feb. 8, 9, and 10 and Oct. 24, 25, and 26.  It’s $6.00 for admission, but that admission covers all three days of the event, so you can come and go as you like.

When they say that An Affair of the Heart is one of the largest craft shows around, they aren’t kidding.  It seems like the booths go on forever!  You can find just about any kind of homemade craft here.  They have woodworking, crochet, knitting, painting, pottery, and more.  Some venders are even on-hand to demonstrate their crafts and let attendees try their hand at it.  Not everything is hand-made: there are some venders selling antiques and collectibles, if you’re interested in such things.  Of course, being an all day event, you’re going to get hungry.  You’ll find a number of food booths at An Affair of the Heart, all of which serve very tasty fair type foods.

I’ll admit, I sometimes find interesting things at these craft shows, although most of the items seem to be aimed at women shoppers.  One thing that I’ve found especially useful, though, is to go to the October show and buy Christmas gifts!  It’s a great place to find unique, different gifts for those hard to buy for friends and family.

Besides the great shopping, I found the history of An Affair of the Heart to be pretty interesting.  I’d always seen the advertisements and such for as many years as I could remember, and because it’s so large and so professionally run, I always assumed the event was managed by a company or business.  But once I attended the event, I learned differently.

An Affair of the Heart was actually started by eight Oklahoma women.  These women often sold their crafts at different shows, and they started talking about worked really well and what these shows could do to improve.  They soon realized that they had enough experience and knowledge to start their own craft show, and in 1985, the first An Affair of the Heart was held.  What started with 65 exhibitors soon expanded into hundreds over the years.  The show attracts crafters from nearly every US state and thousands of attendees.

Whether you’re shopping for gifts, for yourself, or just want to see some really neat crafts, you won’t find a bigger craft show than An Affair of the Heart.  If you make crafts yourself, you can even look into getting a booth at the event.  It’s a fun way to spend a day (or the whole weekend – you’ll need more than a day if you want to see it all!), but be careful – you might end up buying more than you planned on!

To find out a little more about An Affair of the Heart, visit their website at www.aaoth.com

Tags: Events

35 responses so far ↓

• 1 Febe Brown // Dec 11, 2008 at 3:54 am

I have requested info and am looking forward to receiving it.

• 2 bob harry // Jan 21, 2009 at 9:42 am

I am a vendor looking for a booth at your affair of the hearts meet in Feb 09. Please e-mail any info you have as far as booth rentals.

• 3 Cindy Clary // Feb 4, 2009 at 12:15 pm

What are the dates for 2009 craft show? This site is showing 2008. Thankyou

• 4 Virginia // Feb 10, 2009 at 10:47 am

What are the dates for the craft show in Oct?

• 5 TONI BRADLEY // Feb 17, 2009 at 8:00 pm

LOOKING FOR A WEBSITE FOR THE PINEAPPLE PATCH BOOTH, 017-c, WHICH IS LOCATED IN THE COX PAVILLION. I’m wanting to know if I can purchase a dress that’s multi-colored, lace racer-back and was featured at the show for $68 ? I’m thinking. Also would like matching leggings. Thank you, Toni PS – when’s the fair in Tulsa?

• 6 kelli // Mar 9, 2009 at 6:40 pm

i am looking for the lady who made pettiskirts with matching monogrammed shirts and matching bow all for around 50.00. I really need to get this for my daughters birthday and can’t find her business card. I think she was around the okc area? Thanks for any help

• 7 debbi // Mar 15, 2009 at 7:10 pm

I saw the neatest necklace. It was made out of bigger stones (rock) like coral, tourguise and differnt ones. Then it had a big rihinestone heart.
    I would like to contact this lady that makes this.Can anyone help me

• 8 holly // Mar 25, 2009 at 4:52 pm

we are looking for the booth that had the pants with the patch crossses for adults and children. if anyone knows where i can find these let me know

• 9 Missy // Apr 19, 2009 at 2:36 pm

I am looking for chenille boppys that were sold at the affair of the heart.

• 10 Pam // May 21, 2009 at 8:40 am

I am looking for the lady that had the crystal flip flops, I think her business name was be charmed
    can anyone help with info on her website or phone number? I would appreciate it.

• 11 Brynda // Sep 4, 2009 at 10:44 am

Just wondering what the dates are for the Oct. 2009 show.

• 12 Cindy Clary // Oct 8, 2009 at 9:32 am

I am interested in finding the 2010 “Affair of the heart” schedule. Thankyou.

• 13 Wanda // Nov 4, 2009 at 12:10 am

I attended the craft show in 2008 and purchased a doll for my granddaughter that was real looking. I think the vendor came from Arkansas. I would like to get in touch with them as my granddaughter wants a little girl now for Christmas. HELP!

• 14 Katie Willams // Nov 9, 2009 at 10:15 am

I am looking for contact info for a booth that had custom koozies

• 15 Paula Collier // Nov 10, 2009 at 1:47 pm

I am looking for the blond lady vendor who has unique T shirts & jackets to match. I thought it was BeckyAnne .com but cant find her wed site. I think she might be from Ark.

• 16 Elouise Holder // Dec 15, 2009 at 5:11 pm

I did your show in Oct. 09 and would like an application for the Feb. 2010 show. Iwould appreciate it very much if you could let me know how I can get it.
    Elouise

• 17 koozies // Jan 6, 2010 at 10:25 am

Great post you have a gift for writing thanks a lot!

• 18 Jean // Jan 9, 2010 at 5:37 pm

this page is outdated. I was looking for the dates of the affair of the hearts and the dates reflect 2008. Are you keeping up with this site?

• 19 Elouise Holder // Jan 26, 2010 at 11:04 pm

I would like to be considered for the Feb. show if you have any cancellations, I had applied but the show was full. Please let me know if any thing becomes avalible.
    Elouise

• 20 brittany // Mar 3, 2010 at 11:21 am

i am looking for a vendor who sold baby clothes alot of tutes and johnny cash cloths for babies

• 21 Elouise Holder // Mar 3, 2010 at 12:15 pm

I have sent in my application for the Oct. show. I would like to know when i will know if I got in or not. I did the Oct. show last year.
    Elouise Holder
    (Ella’s Design’)

• 22 Becky // Apr 14, 2010 at 6:41 am

To Paula Collier and Elouise Holder
    My web site is www. beckyannes.com

• 23 David Smith // Apr 24, 2010 at 3:08 pm

Hey Guy’s, when are you going to get the dates identified for later in the year (Oct Timeframe). I want to plan a trip to visit/shop at this event. Please get back to me ASAP please. Regards David Smith

• 24 Della Orr // May 27, 2010 at 5:02 pm

I am interested in getting a booth at your next Affair of the Hearts event which I think is sometime in the Fall of 2010 and/or Winter of 2011. Please send me dates and vendor booth information, pricing, etc. Scentsy wickless candles are a wonderful product and should be well received by the public. It is my understanding that Scentsy has not yet been represented in your event. Scentsy’s company policy is that only one Independent Consultant can obtain a booth at the same event. So I need this information before anyone else signs up, if they haven’t already. Thanks for your help!

• 25 Lori Kubecka // Aug 8, 2010 at 12:48 pm

Hi I’m a rep for Silpada Designs and I’ve been told by many that I should set up at this show. I’m very interested in a booth at ur next show. Could u please send me info on this event ad what is required by me?
    Lori Kubecka
    361-960-2201
    [email protected]

• 26 Lori Kubecka // Aug 9, 2010 at 11:29 am

Sorry for typos in previous message it was sent from my iphone….

• 27 Pam Davis // Sep 28, 2010 at 1:54 am

We sell a upscale line of hair pieces, extensions and applications. We would love to become a vendor in your spring 2011 show. Can you please contact me and let me know the information? I have family in OKC and am from there originally. Thank you

• 28 Cheryl McClure // Nov 29, 2010 at 9:38 pm

I am looking for the Lady who gave out blessings, while the other Lady was promoting the ” Child Heart Book”.

• 29 Brenda Annett // Dec 10, 2010 at 5:06 pm

I purchased an “w” wooden letter from Wags Creations on October 24,2010. They didn’t had sold out of them and said they would send it to me. Here it is December 10 and I still have not received it. My phone calss are being ignored. I just wanted to let people know how these people do business. Buyer beware!!!!

• 30 Fred Adams // Jan 18, 2011 at 8:23 pm

I like to have info on vendor exhibitor event booth ,cost application ,contact ect. Thank you

• 31 Beverly shelton // Feb 7, 2011 at 2:29 pm

We are not able to attend the Feb. show. Our booth is 134 in Okla Expo building.

• 32 lois willis // Mar 15, 2011 at 11:32 am

When is the next
    Affair of the heart
    in Oklahoma City?

• 33 Angela McElwain // Sep 11, 2011 at 10:19 pm

Hi,

I am interested in a booth at your craft shows. I sell Scentsy Wickless Candles. Please let me know if you have an opening.

Angela

• 34 KARI // Mar 2, 2012 at 5:17 pm

I am looking for the ladies that sell the pendants that are holiday/sports/etc… they are 2 sided with different designs on each side. They hang on the large beaded chain necklaces. They are out of Texas. I was wanting to order some more from them. Thank you.

• 35 Sue Maxwell // Jun 21, 2012 at 1:12 pm

I am looking for information re: fair in Oct. 2012
    When, booth size, inside or outside, cost, etc. Currently vendor of handmade crafts in Texas, Canton, Bowie, McKinney, etc. May need to expand to other venues.